Statement of Function
The Indian River County Local Housing Assistance Program (IRCLHAP) was established on April 6, 1993 pursuant to the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program. IRCLHAP’s purpose is to increase the availability of affordable housing units in the County by providing low or no-interest loans for down payments and closing costs; loans for impact fees; and loans for renovation of substandard housing units. Funding is from the SHIP program. The County’s Community Development Department administrates and monitors the program.
For SHIP Program information, please contact:
Housing Coordinator, SHIP
Community Development Department
Indian River County
1801 27th Street, Building A
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Phone: (772) 226-1594
Fax: (772) 226-1922
Goals and Objectives
- Maintain eligibility for SHIP funding.
- Enhance public awareness of the SHIP program throughout the county.
- Reduce the costs of housing for households with very low, low, and moderate incomes in the county.
- Maintain the county’s affordable housing partnership with lenders, builders, and housing non-profit organizations.
- Assist income eligible households.