Statement of Function
The Indian River County Local Housing Assistance Program (IRCLHAP) was established on April 6, 1993
pursuant to the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program. IRCLHAP's purpose is to increase the
availability of affordable housing units in the County by providing low or no-interest loans for down payments
and closing costs; loans or grants for impact fees; and loans or grants for renovation of substandard housing units.
Funding is from the SHIP program and Florida Housing Opportunity Program (FHOP). The County's
Community Development Department administrates and monitors the program.
For SHIP Program Information call (772) 226-1594.
• Priority will be given to applications from households having a member with
Developmental Disabilities or a person with Special Needs
• Fair housing / Equal housing Ordinance Notice to Public
• Housing Discrimination Information
• Fair Housing - Equal Opportunity for All
• Fair Housing Ordinance (Ch. 309, Fair Housing)
• Fair Housing complaint - If you have a complaint or desire to report suspected housing discrimination, you may contact
the County Fair Housing Administrator, Deputy County Attorney. If resolution is not possible, you
will be assisted in referring your complaint to the appropriate governmental agency. For
information or assistance contact:
Indian River County Fair Housing Administrator
Deputy County Attorney
1801 27th St.
Vero Beach, FL 32960-3365
2014/2015 Goals and Objectives
• Maintain eligibility for SHIP funding.
• Enhance public awareness of the SHIP program throughout the county.
• Reduce the cost of housing for households with very low, low, and moderate incomes in the County.
• Maintain the County's affordable housing partnership with lenders, builders, and housing non-profit
• Assist 30 households.